I’m sure you’ve all just been dying for this little blog to update – bated-breath-style. I’d like to say that I was off doing Extremely Important Things, but I wasn’t. I’d like to say that I was really just fulfilling my New Year’s Resolution of being less connected, but that would be a total lie. Life came up. I know you understand.
Ready for some highlights? Well, the last time I blogged was March, so let’s see…
- I got a promotion at work in March. Yay for me, now let’s move on.
- My sister-in-law and my Mom both made a trip out here (not at the same time) in April and May. Visitors are always nice.
- B and I flew to NYC to meet up with our dear Frenchie, Clau, in May.
- Finally painted our kitchen a nice shade of pick-me-up orange.
- I went to Las Vegas for a conference in June. Blech. Las Vegas. So hot. Just thinking about it makes me sweat.
- Then nothing….
- Made some terrariums that I’m sure are going to die soon, because B. can’t contain his compulsion to water them.
- Followed by a little more nothing…
- And then at some point I made my Mom’s canned sweet pickles. I’ll have to get that recipe posted – easy and good – and I don’t even like sweet pickles.
- More nothing…
- At the end of July, we made it down to Pasadena to visit friends and meet their new baby girl. I was a star in my own rite – the 2 year old was completely entranced with my hair. No, there is nothing – nothing – particularly spectacular about my hair. But it’s long, and that was enough for her.
- That trip was followed by a short solo trip back home to my beloved A-town (Alexandria for folks not in the know), where I did nothing but eat okra and tomatoes, and sweat. No lie.
- And the last big adventure? Painting our bathroom after deciding we could no longer deal with it’s hideousness.
And that’s pretty much been the last six months of my life. In a really small nutshell.
So. Welcome back folks. Up next? A True Grit story. Stay tuned…