One more thing Brandon got me for Christmas? A record player. And say what you will, but record players – minus the screeching and scratching some DJ’s (mis)use them for – have some of the best sound. We went over to 1-2-3-4 Go! Records on 40th today and found a nice person behind the register and a good selection of both new and used. We bought:
- Bob Dylan’s Greatest Hits (Volumes I and II)
- Bob Dylan’s The Times They are a-Changin’
- The Mamas and the Papas Greatest Hits
- Creedence Clearwater Revival’s More Creedence Gold
- Simon and Garfunkel’s Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Wings’ Band on the Run (let me just say this was Brandon’s pick – although Band on the Run is a pretty good song…)
We had a good time going through stacks and stacks of albums, and I have to say that there were a lot of other records in my hands before I broke down and put some back. I have to be careful. Going in that shop is like going into a fabric store – or let’s just be honest here, Powell’s. THAT place is like…the devil with it’s baskets of flavored Tootsie Rolls and card catalog of Hubba Bubba and those little caramels things with the creme centers. The. Devil.
Note to my stepdad: I still want the Bob Dylan Live in Budokan. I know you have it. I didn’t forget.
Other than the albums, we went to an early showing of Sherlock Holmes, and it was effing awesome. It probably isn’t ladylike to like Guy Ritchie fight-em-up films, but I don’t have time for all the mess of worrying about being ladylike and proper.
All in all, a good Saturday ending with a nice long walk on College.